Celtic tattoos are not just popular in European countries but they have good fan following in western countries like USA and Canada. Celtic tattoos are derived from the art of celtic people. There is no proper documentation of the exact region of celts but many believe it to be near modern Ireland and Scotland. If you are looking for celtic tattoo design then you are on right page as we have selected here the 50 best celtic tattoos for men and women –
Celtic Tattoos Ideas And Designs
2. Small size celtic tattoos are not advised for men but girls can always opt for small celtic tattoos as they will look beautiful on them.
3. I would not recommend you to try a celtic tattoo design using watercolour. This will reduce the importance of the tattoo.
4. Celts gave a lot of preference to animals so it would be smart to opt for celtic animal tattoos (especially snakes) than any other design.
5. Just like many patterns of tribal tattoos, Celts too had their own patter of tattoos. Here is a traditional celtic tattoo design.
6. Celts were polytheists but by 5th century they turned to Christianity and gave their own thoughts on the religion. Celtic cross tattoo design is among the most popular tattoo designs in world.
7. Many of the celtic patterns and designs were considered looking within the community. Here is a celtic sleeve tattoo design that has a deep meaning.
8. Unlike other civilizations of the world, celts never fantasized about fire breathing dragons. They were more attracted to bears especially polar bears.
9. This is a traditional Celtic symbol that was worn by celtic warriors because it represented good health and long life.
10. You can give a Celtic touch to every popular tattoo design. For example here is a celtic anchor tattoo design on the bicep of this man.
12. Celtic warriors included both male and females. Girls can opt for female celtic warrior tattoos like this.
13. Even though Celts didn’t believed in dragons yet you can opt for a dragon tattoo design that is done in celtic style.
14. Celts considered cross tattoos to be lucky and the best part to have them (according to celts) was shoulder or on bicep.
15. Irish Celtic tattoos are generally large in size so do not opt a small place like forearm or ankle for them else your tattoo will look confusing.
16. I would not advise you to add a name or word to your celtic tattoo design because they are just going to reduce the importance of the celtic tattoo.
17. Celtic design are usually not confusing because they are easy to identify due to their texture but still there are certain patterns that you would have to tell about to people.
18. Celtic warriors use to wear strong armour and helmets for war. You can have a celtic warrior sleeve tattoo design like this.
19. Celts considered this certain pattern to be lucky and you can use this to fill any of your old tattoo or to make a whole new design like this.
20. Roman empire ruled for a certain period of time on the celtic people and therefore there was a clash of culture which gave rise to designs like this.
22. Usually celtic cross tattoo design are large in size but you try a mini celtic cross tattoo on shoulder like this.
23. If you want a romantic or soft celtic tattoo design then I would suggest you to try celtic heart tattoo design which would look more like a locket.
24. If you really wish to add quote or word to your celtic tattoo then I would recommend you to add a celtic quote and that too in celtic language like this.
25. This celtic symbol was worn by high level warriors because It had a deep meaning. It represented a balanced life where there is no place for fear.
26. If you are looking for matching brother tattoos then there is no better design than a celtic armband tattoo or celtic bracelet tattoo.
27. Many people get celtic tattoo confused with norse tattoos and Vikings tattoos. Celts were not as barbaric as Vikings but they were fierce.
28. A common celtic tattoo idea recommended by many tattoo artists is to try a tree tattoo design in the style of celtic wires.
29. A celtic warrior tattoo could be easily distinguished from another warrior tattoos due to its decorated helmet and decorated horse.
30. Do not try scottish celtic tattoos on lower part of the body especially if you have opted for good luck celtic tattoos.
32. Celtic art was derived from insular art where circular patterns were given a lot of importance. No matter what tattoo design you opt for, you have to focus on the curves and circles.
33. Like many other ancient civilizations, celts too performed many weird rituals in which human sacrifice was also a part.
34. This is how a celtic tattoo design would look like when it starts fading away.
35. If you opt for celtic angel wings tattoos then the best place to have them is either on both biceps or on the back.
36. As celts gave a lot of preference to tattoos and art so it was common among them to have memorial tattoos like this.
37. Celtic tattoos are not so good cover up tattoos because they often leave space and do not cover up marks perfectly.
38. Positioning and alignment matters a lot in celtic tattoos because a wrong position can give a whole new meaning to your tattoo.
39. Like Vikings, Celtic too were fond of wolves and they even tried petting wolves. You can opt for celtic wolf tattoos if you like them too.
40. Celts were warrior and there would be no better celtic tattoo design than an armor or sword or even a shield like this.
42. You can choose your celtic tattoo design from the paintings and drawings that are submitted on these popular image sharing sites.
43. Celtic tattoos are not ideally recommended to couples or even siblings. This is because they are considered as standalone tattoos.
44. You can opt for a simple tattoo design and add a celtic symbol to it. The symbol may or may not be easily distinguishable by normal people.
45. Instead of going for a full celtic warrior tattoo design you can just go for a celtic helmet or celtic armour tattoo design like this.
46. In the celt culture it was common to have same $ex lover. So if you want to come out of the closet then you can choose a celtic tattoo design like this to convey your message to the world.
47. Celts strongly believed in slavery so be aware that you do not opt for a design that promote slavery.
48. Celts documented the right places to have warrior tattoos and the most preferred place by them was the chest.
49. Horse was considered as the best friend of human being in celt culture. Here is a celtic horse tattoo design for you.
50. Celts usually did not preferred to have a tattoo behind the neck because they considered it to be bad luck.
Which celtic tattoo design you would love to have on your body?