The meaning of angel tattoos changes according to the type of angel you have chosen. For example, if you have chosen fallen angel tattoo then it means that you are a rebellious person. If you have chosen guardian angel tattoo then it means you are protective and caring. If you have chosen sad or crying angel then it means you have lost a loved one.
Here we have chosen 49 beautiful angel tattoo designs that will suit both men and women –
Angel Tattoos for Men
Angel and demon tattoo is a very popular combination but you should not try it in large size. One cool idea would be to try a person portrait showing two identities one as the demon and other as the angel.
2. It is better to show a full size angel tattoo on back. But you must appoint an artist who can beautifully draw human anatomy and do justice with the body proportions.
3. Most artists think that angel devil tattoos need to be human figurine and that too large in size. But instead you can try simple versions like this.
4. Angel feather are often shown in white color but if you want a mix up of angel and devil feathers then try one wing in white color and other in black.
5. Many people try angel tattoos because they are perfect choices for memorial tattoos. If you lost someone beloved then have an angelic portrait like this tattooed.
6. Gabriel is said to be the messenger of god. You can opt for angel gabriel tattoo if you are a spiritual person.
7. Angel halo is probably the most attractive feature. Never forget to add a halo over angel’s head to give it a distinct look.
8. If you want to ink quotes along with your angel tattoo then best choice is to add bible verses to it. There are many bible verses that will suit for such tattoos.
9. As wings are one of the most important feature of an angel so if you want to try angel symbol tattoo then have a simple wing tattoo.
10. An angel tattoo look better if the face is shown looking upward as if asking for the love and forgiveness of god.
Angel Tattoos for Women
12. Angel full sleeve tattoos would look confusing but if you have huge bicep like this then you should try a guardian angel tattoo like this.
13. Rib cage is one of the best body parts for women to try angel tattoos. They can try female angel tattoos like this.
14. A Fallen angel tattoo is tried by those people who consider themselves rebellious but are also aware that their actions are hurting people.
15. Adding a cross tattoo design to your angel tattoo make it even more beautiful and meaningful.
16. One unique angel tattoo idea is to try an angel bracelet tattoo. You can add your birth date to it.
17. The meaning of angel tattoos changes according to your tattoo design. For example this angel tattoo shows you as a damsel in distress.
18. Ancient romans considered their fallen warriors as angels who are looking after the army even after death. Here is a beautiful tattoo describing this.
19. Angel wing tattoo designs don’t limit just to black or white colors. In fact you can have any color of angel wing tattoos. For example here are red wing angel tattoos.
20. Even though I don’t admire full size angel wing tattoos on back but I have seen many people try it. Here is how such design would look on girls.
Angel tattoos designs
22. Wrist is ideal place for small size angel wing tattoos. You can try the tribal version as shown in this picture.
23. One common practice among tattoo lovers is to try angel wing tattoos on both forearms just like this.
24. Back is also good choice for angel wing tattoos but small tattoo like this might not suit on everyone.
25. Archangel is angel of high ranks. You can try this tattoo if you believe in apocalypse and believe that only god will save us from it.
26. Baby angel tattoos would perfectly suit on couples who became parents recently. You can have a portrait tattoo of your baby and give it angelic wings with halo.
27. There are many beautiful angel tattoo designs available online but imo the best are those that feature babies.
28. This angel tattoo design on the rib cage of this girl look more like a well-drawn portrait.
29. Cat loving people would love to have cat angel tattoo. Here is a really simple and easy to ink cat angel tattoo that you can try.
30. One really cool angel tattoo design is to try the angel of justice as tattoo design. This will indicate that you believe in karma.
Angel Tattoo ideas
32. This dark angel tattoo design seems to be inspired from disney’s impression of Hades (from ‘Hercules’ movie). I think this is amazing.
33. Death angel tattoo is rarely tried by any one. This is because the grim reaper tattoo is not considered lucky by everyone.
34. If you try fallen angel tattoo then you must show broken feathers to indicate that the wings of the angel are hurt.
35. In my opinion girl should always opt for female angel tattoos because they can be really impressive. Here is one beautiful example of it.
36. Angel tattoos need not to show ancient styled angel designs. In fact here is a Victorian era angel tattoo that shows the angel in classy armour.
37. I love realistic angel tattoos. They don’t have to be large in size. Look at this medium size realistic angel tattoo design that is eye catchy.
38. There are many different versions of guardian angels. My favourite is the one that was showed in the movie ‘A Dark Song’.
39. If you want to try a matching angel tattoo design then a really impressive idea is to try heart shaped angel wings like this.
40. This lil angel tattoo design is probably inspired from this man’s infant baby. The guy even added a letter ‘M’ to it thereby personalizing the tattoo.
Angel Tattoos with Meaning
42. This masculine angel tattoo design would have looked better in complete form. The artist should have inked the lower part as well.
43. The placement of this praying angel tattoo design is perfect but I think this can be improved by giving the girl a more realistic look.
44. One good thing about angel tattoos is that they still look beautiful even after years of atmosphere exposure. Take a look at this old angel tattoo that still looks splendidly beautiful.
45. If you are a working person who can have a full visible tattoo then you can try a simple angel tattoo design like this on your bicep or foot.
46. This small angel tattoo design is inspired from Cupid – the Greek god of love and attraction. You can even add a bow, an arrow and a heart to it.
47. Old school or traditional angel tattoo design will not suit on everyone. So choose them only if you like the design very much.
48. Tribal tattoo designs have their own appeal. Take this tribal angel tattoo design for example, don’t you think it is marvellous.
49. You don’t have to show tears to show a weeping angel. Designs like this are way better option for it.
So this was our collection of angel tattoos. Which one you liked the most?